Instituto San Ángel del Sur/ Elementary School
Elementary School in Instituto San Ángel del Sur was created as an educational challenge to give our students a formation based on the concept “all-round education” which makes emphasis on personal and social development. We work projects in an interdisciplinary way but keeping consistency between the academic contents and teaching methodology.
“Trust in us when we say that we will help you every time you need it. In case you feel uncomfortable or doubtful, please talk with any of our directors, assistants, or coordinators to help you as soon as possible”.
INSTITUTO SAN ÁNGEL DEL SUR
- Program INEA SEP MEVyT 10-14 años.
- Admission age: 5.5 years old.
- Workshop 1 (1st and 2nd)
- Workshop 2 (3rd and 4th)
- Workshop 3 (5th and 6th)
- The school day starts at 8:00 am and finishes at 3:00 pm (there’s an option to start at 7:00 am).
- All-round educational ISAS program (“ISAS subjects”): Art and culture, Physical Education, Creative Writing, I.T., Science Lab.
- Bilingual program: 10 hours of English classes per week.
- Third language: French, 2 times per week.
- Closed-circuit camera system (cameras in the classrooms and in the whole building).
- Directed break-time (1st to 3rd grades).
- Reduced groups: 10 students per group.
- Facilities designed to learn: Interactive-learning house, Mini-Supermarket, Library, Game Room, Computer Lab, Garden, Radio Cabin, Cinema Room, Science Lab, Sports Fields, Dance Classroom, Mini-Gym
- Equipped classrooms. WiFi network en each classroom, electric installation for a projector, T.V., and computers.
- Academic trips: La Granja, Hacienda Panoaya, Museums, etc.
- Annual camp (optional).
- Other services: cafeteria, transportation, and extra-curricular workshops.
- Attend the Meeting up Event or Visit Day (one day in the school to meet each other and apply some diagnosis exams).
- Interview with parents (feedback).
- Present official documents and fill in formats.
- Purchase sports uniform which is used from Monday to Thursday, Friday is uniform free.
- Purchase lab coat (100% cotton) and arts coat.
- Purchase jazz shoes.
Our project has as an aim to raise emotionally strong and confident children with abilities that make them able to face this changing world, full of challenges, without forgiving humanity, play-time and personal balance.
Bilingual Active Education is characterized by being a dynamic system, which allows curiosity, questioning, and searching. Learning is based on experiences, team-work, and the development of analytic thinking, considering individual interests and skills; we focus on personalized education.
Students write their own school experiences.
Build a bond between children and maths.
Educational experiences oriented to keep in touch with nature.
Given by themselves to allow questioning, searching, and sharing with an audience..
To give the students the opportunity to express their feelings, thoughts, and ideas.
It allows students to be aware of the social environment and their place in the school.
We know that’s very important to do other activities apart from school so that we promote a NO HOMEWORK POLICY to promote reading, searching culture, and classwork.
We have personal lockers for all the students.
The student is the centre of the educational process, we use active techniques to the modern school:
Entrepreneurship generating products made by themselves such as glasses cleaner, chocolate bars, slime, and others.
They have as aim being formers in the physical, intellectual, and social development, and they allow to strengthen friendship bonds.